Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. Residents are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Resident families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions, caregiver education, and training.
Physical Therapists provide therapy to patients who have experienced neuromuscular, orthopedic, and/or musculoskeletal dysfunctions. The professionally trained and licensed therapists promote wellness, maintenance of good health and proper body mechanics in each patient.
Our physical therapists utilize state-of-the-art equipment and therapy modalities in applying general scientific principles to prevent, identify, correct or compensate for specific dysfunctions.
The goal is to maximize the individual’s independence. Our therapists often work with other therapeutic disciplines to provide comprehensive rehabilitative services when needed.
Quality Care Rehab Therapists treat individuals who are:
- Recovering from injuries, burns or open wounds
- Recovering from hip or knee surgery
- Experiencing weakness, acute or chronic pain resulting from illness or accidents
- Experiencing inflexibility and pain from arthritis
- Experience neurological disease such as stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis or have experienced head injury
Occupational Therapy is goal-oriented therapy that is structured to increase patient independence in those who have experienced a loss of ability caused by aging, illness, injury or developmental disability. Our occupational therapists provide skills for individuals to work toward returning to daily tasks or living with minimum discomfort and maximum productivity. Our occupational therapists assist those in recovery from stroke, arthritis, hip fractures, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease and other conditions.
Our therapists employ goal-directed techniques during evaluation and treatment. They provide therapeutic exercises, as well as adaptive techniques to ensure the highest quality of care. Occupational Therapists are unique in their ability to creatively adapt the environment to meet the individual’s needs.
Quality Care Rehab Therapists provide patients with:
- Tasks of daily living
- Custom made splints and positioning devices for proper alignment and body mechanics
- The opportunity to resume involvement in work, the community and social groups
Speech and Language Pathology
Speech-Language Pathologists are professionally trained to diagnose and treat communicative disorders. Our therapy team takes a holistic approach to therapy and are continually enhancing their skills through education on the most current treatment modalities. The therapists look at each aspect of communication to help the individual reach his or her maximum potential.
Our Speech-Language Pathologists provide evaluations and treatments for a variety of communication disorders including:
- Aphasia – Following a stroke, many patients experience difficulty with communication. They may have difficulty with receptive language skills, such as the ability to comprehend and interpret verbal and written language
- Decreased Cognitive Functioning – Patients with mental retardation, brain injury or dementia can benefit from therapy designated to increase and maintain functional communication skills
- Dysphagia – Swallowing disorders may result from brain injuries, strokes and neurological disease processes
- Voice – Therapists develop structured vocal hygiene programs to assist patients with adequate breath support and voice modification